The Black Country Innovative Manufacturing Organisation (BCIMO) is a not-for-profit Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) established to oversee the launch and operation of the Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre (VLRNIC). The VLRNIC is a unique, purpose-built, rail R&D facility in Dudley in the West Midlands. It comprises a three-storey innovation centre and brand new 2.2km test track located along part of the mothballed South Staffordshire railway, leased from Network Rail.
The VLRNIC will be used to help shape and accelerate the development of lower-cost and environmentally friendly solutions for the whole of the rail industry.
BCIMO recently launched its Rail Development and Test Site, which offers an extensive range of facilities to support the development and testing of future rail technologies – click to download a detailed brochure.
The innovation centre also offers a broad range of room facilities, including:
– A large Engineering Hall and a selection of test laboratories
– Serviced office spaces
– An Events Suite, comprising meeting rooms, Auditorium and Exhibition Hall
BCIMO will be continuing to grow and develop its service offerings over time – to:
– Make an enquiry – please visit Contact | BCIMO
– Read our latest news – please visit News | BCIMO
– Watch our videos – please visit (14) BCIMO – YouTube
– Follow us on social media – please visit (3) Black Country Innovative Manufacturing Organisation: Overview | LinkedIn