Winder Phillips Associates is a specialist, independent management consultancy established in 1999 by Keith Winder and Richard Phillips with the aim of providing clients with high quality advice and practical solutions based on good practice and expert knowledge. In this time, we have worked across every part of the rail industry in the United Kingdom and have undertaken a number of international commissions.
Our extensive list of satisfied clients reflects this breadth of engagement and our reputation for excellent delivery.
Applying our partners’ extensive expertise for the benefit of our clients has always been our core principle and as new partners have joined this has been further strengthened. With over 200 years of experience from across the small team of Partners we are proud that to this day, this remains our key strength.
We have built our business by always focusing on what is right for our clients. Our approach to every project is based on our guiding Values and Principles:
- Client Satisfaction– We are a client focused organisation and have built great relationships across the industry with many satisfied clients. Over 80% of the work we undertake is repeat business, or from referrals, demonstrating our reputation amongst our satisfied clients. We are extremely proud of this and are firmly focused on achieving the best outcomes for our clients in everything we do.
- Trust and Integrity– We are a professional organisation drawing upon over 200 years of experience from across the industry. Our Partners extensive experience and expertise ensures our clients can be confident and satisfied in our work.
- Teamwork– Our people focused culture means we have a great team ethic across the Partnership, with a huge range of expertise that we can draw upon to benefit our Clients. We are motivated and engaged with our clients and we relish collaborating with organisations to deliver excellent solutions and pride ourselves on our ability to deliver a step change for our Clients. Our enthusiasm and passion for excellence is one of our key principles in all projects we undertake.
- Continuous Improvement– We will work with you as you strive for continuous improvement, combining our experience, technical know-how, best practice and analytical approach to deliver service excellence and business transformation.
- Value– As a Lean & Agile Partnership we work in highly efficient & innovative manner to exceed our clients requirements, whilst ensuring Value for Money and excellent satisfaction.
- Sustainability – We are passionate about minimising our environmental impact. We are focused on the green agenda and the societal benefit that public transport provides, both from a social mobility and a decarbonisation perspective. Our green credentials are demonstrated across all of our touchpoints as we strive for Net Zero.
What We Do
As experts in the rail industry we specialise in the following areas, both in the UK and abroad:
- Whole System Thinking
- Operations & Service Delivery
- Performance Management
- Customer Experience
- Operational Assurance
- Commercial Assurance
- Market Reviews
- Experiential Learning
- Bid Development & Support
- Operational Leadership Support
- Organisational Development & Business Transformation
- Programme Management & Project Support
We work with clients from across the whole of the UK rail industry, including:
- Train Operating Companies
- Owning Groups
- Freight Operating Companies
- Network Rail
- Regulatory organisations
- Government Bodies
- Transport Authorities
- Transport Partnerships
We also work alongside other Consultancies & Partnerships and has included global commissions, including projects and initiatives in: Australia, Canada, Ireland, Hong Kong, Malaysia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan and UAE.