FJD Consulting is a design consultancy operating in the rail sector, delivering a high-value specialised service. Our technical capabilities paired with a collaborative approach grant us the flexibility to deliver the expertise and quality of service clients expect from major consultancies whilst remaining responsive, innovative, and cost effective.
Our heritage is rooted in the UK heavy railway sector, and over the years, we have contributed to numerous high-profile projects, providing a wide range of services in the fields of:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- M&E Engineering
- Sustainable Engineering
- Digital Engineering
Our civils design capabilities include:
- Lineside Civils Design;
- Depots & Facilities Design;
- Platform Alterations Design;
- Signalling Civils;
- Drainage Systems Design.
Our structures design capabilities include:
- Bridge design and assessment (all sectors) – including; inspection / strengthening / repairs / enhancements / reconstructions / new build / collision protection measures;
- Station developments and modifications, including buildings and canopies;
- Platform developments and modifications;
- Bespoke temporary works structural design;
- OLE and signalling structures design and assessments.
The geotechnical division provides the following services:
- Foundation Design;
- Slope Stability Design;
- Retaining Structures Design;
- Trackbed Design;
- Temporary Works Design.
Our MET division provides engineering services for a wide range of environments, specialising in:
- Internal & External Lighting Design and Emergency Lighting Design and modelling;
- Points heating design;
- Earthing and Bonding design;
- Signalling and telecommunications supplies design;
- Building Services design.
Providing our clients with a railway engineering integrated design approach has allowed us to deliver value for numerous high profile multidisciplinary schemes, such as:
- Quakers Yard Railway Station Redevelopment;
- Severn Valley Footbridge (No 104/OWW);
- Polsloe Railway Station Lighting Design;
- Colchester Detailed Design for Depot Enhancements;
- A4095 Northwest Link Road – Bicester New Railway Bridges;
- A4095 – Northwest Link Road – Bicester New Railway Bridges Engineering Management & Temporary Works Design.
Over the past ten years, we have built a successful reputation in concept development for innovation and demonstrated its entry into the market sector through innovations such as the FJD Carbon Assessment Tool, and more recently, the GRP LitePost. The product was brought to market in partnership with a UK GRP products manufacturer, and provides an innovative temporary signpost system solution reducing project costs, installation times and construction risks.
Our main focus is being at the forefront of implementing digital engineering and supporting sustainable development through design selection.
Visit our website to find out more about our work in the railway industry.